5 factors to be taken care of before hiring plumbing services
Plumbing issues are extremely common, for both old and new homes. Some problems are rectified by the house owners themselves like a leaky faucet or a blocked drain. There comes a need to hire a proper plumbing services agent when there is a complex problem like changing a pipe, installing new faucets or sink. These issues need the attention of a skilled plumber to get the job done because if you fail to do so, the problem can result in costly and dodgy repairs in the future.
Keep in mind these few tips and considerations before hiring a plumber or any plumbing service company.
- License: Make sure that the plumbing services agent that you are going to hire holds a certified license. Verify if there have been any complaints against the plumbing services you are considering.
- Experience: Check for the experience, look around for relevant consumer reviews. The longer the person/company is in plumbing services, higher should be their experience. However, only positive customer feedback can support such ideas.
- Cost of work: The professional from any plumbing services company checks the issue and gives you an estimate of the cost. Look for hidden costs such as the material and labor or additional work. Also, ask about the after-work cleanup charges, which should ideally be part of the package. To get the right costs and to match it with your budget, look past verbal assurances and get calculation in the paper.
- Insurance: Ensure that the plumbing services you are considering offers life insurance to their workers. If a plumber, while working on your premises, injures himself, without coverage, it becomes your responsibility to fund any health care services. Life coverage is a priority, and as a customer, you must be aware of it.
- Guarantee/Warranty: Make sure to check for guarantees and warranties that the plumbing services are offering. Ask for a written agreement and never settle for a verbal one. Ensure that your agent provides security and reliability on repairs.
The above points will surely help you pick a skilled and reliable plumber or plumbing services for your home.