A few tips to treat myeloma with natural remedies
The type of cancer that affects the bone marrow is called myeloma. It begins in the cells that are called plasma cells, which are located in the bone marrow. The bone marrow is responsible for the production of several different types of blood cells. Because myeloma can occur in different parts of our body, it is usually called multiple myelomas.
The objective of any good myeloma treatment is to restore a healthy immune system. A weak immune system always invites cancer; so keeping your immune system strong will help you to receive the best multiple myeloma treatment. Amongst all treatments, your diet is the main thing that will help you the most. A healthy diet will work better than any myeloma treatment drugs. However, for the most effective treatment, multiple myeloma patients can try some of these effective natural remedies.
- Do not smoke or quit smoking immediately.
- Maintain a diet that consists of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Avoid saturated fat.
- Exercise regularly to keep yourself healthy and active.
- Maintain a normal body weight.
- Keep your blood pressure in check.
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Get a good amount of sleep.
Include these vitamins and minerals in your diet for an effective myeloma treatment:
- Vitamin C: It helps your body to repair tissues and aids in the absorption of iron.
- Vitamin E: It is a powerful antioxidant that helps to fight infection.
- Vitamin B6: It supports adrenal function and metabolic processes.
- Vitamin A: It aids immune function and acts against infections.
- Vitamin D: It modulates cell growth, neuromuscular and immune functions, and reduces inflammation.
- Folate: It is essential in the development of red blood cells.
- Iron: It helps your body to carry oxygen to the cells.
- Zinc: It helps to slow the immune response and controls inflammation of the body.
In a nutshell, for effective treatments, multiple myeloma-affected people must adhere to a healthy diet and have an active lifestyle.