5 home remedies to stop the appearance of blood in urine
There are various reasons why the different organs of our body can start malfunctioning, and though the disease doesn’t manifest itself till some time, certain symptoms do surface before the disease begins its full-fledged onslaught.
One such prominent symptom is the appearance of blood in urine which may be linked to different diseases. When an individual witnesses the presence of blood in urine, instead of dilly-dallying, he needs to seek medical help. The blood in urine symptom is a warning of serious conditions like kidney disease, kidney infections, sickle cell anemia, cancer of kidney, bladder or prostate, etc. However, before flying into a frenzy, the symptom of blood in urine can also suggest the presence of Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs).
Here are some home remedies that are known to cure the blood in urine symptom, and that too, without any side-effects.
- Spinach and coconut water- One of the most common causes of the appearance of blood in urine is UTIs. What one needs in such cases is a powerful diuretic that can flush out the bacteria from the body. Mix some spinach juice with coconut water and drink this mixture twice a day till the infection clears. Once the infection subsides, the blood in urine too will disappear.
- Cranberry juice– Cranberry is known to possess antioxidants and is antibacterial in nature. It is instrumental in preventing the bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder. It is quite potent when it comes to cleansing the bladder from the bacteria which triggers the symptom of blood in urine. A glass of cranberry juice a day will help reduce the presence of blood in urine.
- Baking soda- Baking soda works wonders in treating infections, especially of the urinary tract. It is antibacterial and is known to flush out the toxins from the body. Mix half a teaspoon baking soda in eight ounces of water. Mix it well and consume this potion regularly to avoid UTIs and fungal infections.
- Pumpkin seed oil- If the blood in urine symptom surfaces due to an enlarged prostate, pumpkin seed oil is the perfect remedy to contain this condition. Research has proven that regular consumption of pumpkin seed oil has helped in controlling the symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
- Vitamin C- When the blood in urine symptom surfaces, it can be majorly attributed to UTIs. In such cases, it is advisable to increase the consumption of Vitamin C since it works wonders in increasing the immunity and makes the urine acidic, which makes it harder for the bacteria to grow.
So, try these home remedies when you spot blood in urine, and if it still persists, ensure that you visit a physician.