5 home remedies to relieve pain caused by spasms
Here’s a condition that affects the athletes and regular individuals alike- muscular spasms. These spasms are characterized by excruciating pain in the affected area, which can restrict your normal movement for a brief period of time.
Muscle spasms occur when a person lifts heavy weights or when the muscles are overworked and overused, and it ultimately leads to an injury. Muscle cramps manifest themselves in the form of sharp involuntary contractions that can leave an individual writhing in pain. It is sudden, and you cannot control it. People usually opt for Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) to combat the pain. However, if you aren’t keen on popping painkillers to treat spasms, you can opt for home remedies that are 100% natural and without side-effects.
Here’s a list of home remedies that work wonders as spasm treatment method. Keep reading.
- Chamomile– There are still some ancient herbal remedies that can help conquer our health issues better than the modern ones, and that too without any side-effects. Chamomile is one such herbal remedy that is known to reduce the pain inflicted by any injury or an ailment. These days people usually drink chamomile tea to treat sore muscles, and in the event of muscle spasms, you can treat it by massaging chamomile oil in the affected area.
- Cold Compress– Cold Compress has a soothing effect on injuries and speeds up the healing process. Cold Compress will reduce the pain and inflammation caused by sudden muscle spasms, and aid the muscle relaxation process. Do not directly apply a cold compress to the skin, keep a cloth between the skin and the cold compress. Repeat this spasm treatment every two to three hours.
- Epsom Salt– Epsom Salt is known to possess high magnesium content which works wonderfully for soothing the tense muscles, ease stress, and can effectively detoxify the body. It reduces the pain caused by spasms and aids the healing process. So, prepare a warm bath with Epsom Salt in it. Soak your body in it for 20 to 30 minutes, and you will feel the pain subsiding immediately.
- Cherry Juice– Cherries are loaded with antioxidants and is quite effective in combating inflammation that arises out the pain caused by muscle spasms. Consuming cherry juice ensures that the muscles can relax post-workout, and it has been hailed as an effective home remedy for treating spasms.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Apple Cider Vinegar serves a lot of purposes and is a potent remedy for treating a variety of diseases. It is high in potassium and potassium deficiency is the reason why muscles become vulnerable to injury. A tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in warm water will prevent the recurrence of spams.