Easy french recipes that anyone can cook
French cuisines have a lot of mystery surrounding it. It is matter of esteem and it is likely because all the great chefs specialize in the French cuisine.
French cuisine can turn an ordinary ingredient meal into a fantastic spread. The trick here is to make it look extravagant with the simplest of ingredients. As a matter of fact, French recipes have the simplest of the ingredients, which means anyone can cook them. They are fun to cook and a delight to eat.
Let us take a look at some of the easy french recipes that you can prepare at your home.
French lentil soup
- A complete vegan soup, this classic and easy French recipe can be relished by both vegans and non-vegans.
- All you need is sauted onions, celery carrots and chopped garlic, and carrots. Heat them in a saucepan for 12 to 15 minutes or until they turn brown. Add salt, thyme, and black pepper to taste and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add pre-boiled lentils, diced tomato in a vegetable or chicken stock (as per your preference) and bring the soup to boil. Reduce the temperature slightly so that it is simmering.
- Simmer it until it forms a puree like consistency. Serve the soup hot in a boul. You can also store and refrigerate the same and consume it for up to 3 days.
- Croque in French translates to “church”. This is another easy French recipe that you will find in every bistro out there France. These are tasty little sandwiches that come in variety of flavors.
- The Croque provincial is a delicate sandwich of tomato, cheese, ham, and herbal mayo. Lets look at the method of preparation of a traditional Croque Monsieur.
- Preheat the broiler in the lowest heat setting, and spread mustard on 4 slices of bread. Add half a cup of gruyere which is a form of cheese, if you don’t have gruyere, you can use a substituting semi- soft cheese that has a creamy consistency. Place a few pieces of Ham. Cover it with the other piece of bread. Smear butter on top.
- Place the prepared sandwiches in an ungreased baking tray and cook them crispy golden brown. Cover it with remaining cheese and cook them for additional 5 minutes.
Steak au Poivre
- The name of the dish literally translates to “pepper steak”. It is a fabulous way to dress up a perfect strip steak.
- The steak is simply seasoned pepper and salt and then fried in a skillet. Add a half a cup of cognac (add it carefully as it may fame up). Add a bit of cream on the side. The delicious steak is ready to serve and relish.