Samsung Galaxy S20 – The new-age smartphone
After much anticipation, Samsung finally unveiled its latest flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S20. At their first Unpacked event of the year held in San Francisco on 11th February 2020, the company brought together industry experts, analysts, and reporters to announce and exhibit all their latest products, from foldable smartphones to brand new Galaxy Buds. However, the highlight of the hour-long live-streamed event was the Galaxy S20. Coincidently, the entire event was shot with and streamed from S20 phones!
Curious about what’s new in the Galaxy S20? Here’s a lowdown of the specs of the latest offering by Samsung:
- Camera: Leapfrogging through the naming scheme, Samsung skipped a few numbers and unveiled the S20 right after the S10. It seems like the company advanced the camera capabilities as well. The new S20 has a huge image sensor and a 64MP optical telephoto camera along with a 12MP main and 12MP ultra-wide camera that renders rich images with stunning clarity. Additionally, the phone comes with Space Zoom technology that combines Super Resolution Zoom and Hybrid Optic Zoom for 30X zooming capability. What’s more? The camera has pro-grade filming capability that allows excellent 8K video shooting, even in the bumpiest of situations with its anti-rolling stabilization, AI motion analysis, and Super Steady features.
- Display and memory: With a 6.2-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen, the Galaxy S20 is quite sleek. At 3200 X 1440 resolution, the phone has an Infinity-O near bezel-less full-frontal screen, which is HDR10+ certified.
- Gaming: Powered by Android 10 and 5G connectivity, the S20 takes mobile gaming to another level. Its 120Hz display promises a superbly smooth gaming experience. Moreover, the combination of a 12GB RAM fast processor and a game booster along with audio tuning by AKG offers the most optimal setting for peak gaming performance. With Samsung’s partner Microsoft launching its famous Forza Street on Galaxy Store, this will be the first time that the game will come to mobile.
- Entertainment: The best part about the S20 is its pro-grade camera, which has got Samsung and Netflix to collaborate and put out some bonus content for popular Netflix Originals. Also, S20 users can get access to Netflix content with improved Galaxy integration through Samsung Daily, Finder, and Bixby.
- Availability and pricing: The S20 is available in a range of colors including Cloud Pink, Cosmic Gray, and Cloud Blue. The phone will be available for sale from March 6th, 2020. The expected price of the S20 is around $999.
Loaded with the most powerful next-generation features, the Samsung Galaxy S20 stole the show at the Samsung Unpacked event. Along with the S20, the company also unveiled S20+, S20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Buds+, and the Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition.