Evolution Of The Fashion Industry
If there were no apparels and accessories to wear, the world would never remain the same. This is one of the ideal examples of how civilized and creative people have become by turning a dull piece of cloth into a beautiful dress. With the course of time, this industry has grown to something huge, helping other industries to flourish.
History of the fashion industry
The fashion industry changes rapidly as the consumer buying behavior changes within nanoseconds. The designers brainstorm every day to present something new to the customers. In addition to the context, significant changes have been witnessed by the industry as people’s tastes and preferences changed in every era. Nevertheless, the technological contribution to the industry cannot be missed either.
- The 1920s – After the World War I, there was no single industry left on the earth that did not face prominent transitions after the War. Women came out of the habit of wearing corsets and took the brave step of borrowing outfits from male closet which led to the emergence of androgynous fashion statement. Both men and women preferred to wear clothes flairs and shoes with heels. The popularization of sporting a black dress with bob hair became a rage within the women society at that time.
- The 1950s – The women in this era were more interested in wearing dresses luxurious materials or the swirling skirts that are of mid-calf length. The influence of Parisian culture was predominant in the society and the tunic dresses were welcomed by women.
- The 1990s – The apparel and accessories industry evolved with glamour and glitz of the entertainment world and there was the emergence of the ready-to-wear shops. Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, and The Gap were few prominent names that made a place in people’s hearts.
Growth of the apparel and accessories industry
The financial forecast shows that in 2018, the fashion industry is likely to witness revenue amounting $90,248 million approximately. Additionally, the clothing section only can achieve the profit of around $63,601 in 2018 in the market. The country is in the second place of the global market penetration list due to the fashion industry of the country. However, there is a decline in the outdoor and sports footwear and children’s clothing. The apparel and accessories including scarves and gloves and leather products including briefcases and purses are ruling the market.
Fashion trends you cannot miss
It is still foggy who controls the trends in every season; however, the designer preference and customer interest play a major role in molding it. Here are few of the apparels and accessories that one must not miss out,
- Sheer socks – The sheer socks are back and everybody is loving them. These are too cute to be ignored and people cannot seem to put it down, now they are back. If you wish to sport a pair ballet flats, the socks know how to complete your look. You can get it online or hop into outlets of Forever 21 to choose the best pair.
- No-stretch jeans – Comfort is what people lack nowadays, and this is why the relaxing denim fit has become popular. No-stretch cotton denim was overshadowed by the stretchable ones in the previous years. Now, Levi’s 501 series is available to give everyone full comfort even while executing difficult tasks.
- Brand logos – Following the trend of the 90s, brand logos are back being printed on hoodies, T-shirts, and sweatshirts. The clean and cute iconography attracts people’s eyes easily as they come with comfortable fabrics. If you still have not found your favorite brand logo, you can check out the collection of ASOS’ Tommy Jeans Collegiate Sweatshirt.
- Ultra violet – Every year is painted by a specific color and the color of this year is ultra violet. If you pick a dress with the floral prints on ultraviolet, it can be a head turner as the bright color can make you stand out from the rest of the crowd.