Technical specifications of the 2020 Toyota Highlander
The 2020 Toyota Highlander is a mid-size family crossover SUV that is available in eight-seater and seven-seater options, with five different trim levels. Here is a comprehensive list of all the essential technical specifications for your reference.
- Engine: The Highlander features a four-cylinder V6 3.5-Liter DOHC 24 valve engine. This combination produces a powerful output of 295 horsepower and 263 pound-feet of torque. Toyota has decided to use the same engine for all of these SUV’s trim variants.
- Transmission and drivetrain: The Highlander is equipped with a direct shift 8-speed automatic transmission that is electronically controlled. Both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive forms of all the variants of the SUV are provided by Toyota.
- Suspension and steering: The car features a front and back anti-roll bar, stabilizer bar, front and rear independent suspension. It has an electric power steering that is power-assisted rack and pinion type with a turning radius of 18.7.
- Interior: In terms of comfort and convenience, the Highlander is equipped with an advanced voice recognition system for the console, windshield wiper defroster while driving under extreme conditions, remote trunk release system, an interactive touchscreen monitor, audio streaming via Bluetooth, steering wheel adjustment with tilt and telescopic wheel.
- Safety: Safety is main priority for the Highlander’s design and thus anti-lock brakes, anti-theft system, brake assist, 4-wheel disc brakes, Isofix anchor points for child restraint seats, child protector rear door locks, electronic brake force distribution, height-adjustable front seat belts, engine immobilizer, a total of eight airbags for driver and passengers, and a backup camera.
The vehicle also features key-less entry and remote garage door opener, cruise control, rearview mirror, rear door sunshades, rear-seat heater ducts, and map lamps for reading at night. The interior has FM/AM stereo fixtures, with three-zone automatic climate control air-conditioning, a roof-mounted antenna for better reception and auxiliary input jack with USB options. With cruise control options, the driver cannot be any more comfortable with decent underfloor cargo storage space, a cargo cover and cargo bed light for space.
You can always find out more about the different variants of the Toyota Highlander along with technical specifications on the company’s official website. The Highlander comes in five distinct models including the L, LE, XLE, Limited and Platinum, which is further classified according to its subcategory, which can be a standard or a hybrid model.