Buying a used Honda CRV
Buying a used Honda CR-V through the CPO vehicle program
If you are considering buying a used Honda CR-V, then the best place to purchase one and one that is worth a good deal would be to buy from Honda’s Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle program. In order for Honda to certify its cars for resale, the car has to be eligible on certain grounds and then pass through testing in order to get the Honda certification.
Honda believes that each of its cars is a product of innovative engineering and quality manufacturing. Therefore, Honda only takes back models that are less than six years old and not more than 80,000 miles in order for the car to be eligible to enter the certification process. This process also includes:
- A 182 point mechanical and appearance inspection, performed by the dealer, to ensure that each used vehicle meets Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle standards
- Honda-trained technicians scrutinize all major vehicle systems including brakes, engine, drivetrain, steering, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust system, and vehicle interior and exterior
- Dealer technicians recondition any component that does not meet our standards
- Any component that cannot be reconditioned is replaced with Honda Genuine Parts
- A limited warranty that covers engine and transmission components for up to 7 years/100,000 miles.
Honda offers its customers, who buy used Honda CR-V cars through the CPO program, an extensive warranty to give them the peace of mind and trust over their purchase. The warranty covers major transmission components and engine but precludes standard maintenance items, body glass, and interior. Any part that is defective in workmanship or material based on general use will be replaced/repaired by Honda. Honda offers its warranty – the Powertrain Coverage for 7 years or 100,000 miles.
With every car that the Honda CPO programs roll out for resale, the buyer gets access to a complete vehicle history report. This is helpful in indicating and helping to ensure the buyer that there are no DMV-reported incidents, such as salvage, flood damage, odometer problems and lemon history. Buying a used Honda CR-V through the CPO program ensures that the car is the best choice and a smart pick.