7 Hacks To Choose The Right Air Conditioner
There existed an era which was devoid of the very luxury-turned-necessities without which we cannot live today. Cars, cell phones, computers, the Internet, the modern-day appliances such as air conditioners and refrigerators, etc. the things that are integral to our survival are the successful innovations which were aided by the progress in technology.
One such ingenious innovation which owes its existence to the tremendous progress in the field of science and technology is the air conditioner. We are well aware of the fact that the weather gets warmer and warmer every year, and there is no escaping this heat. Air conditioners have become common sightings at houses and workplaces, even buses and other transport means have understood the need for air conditioners.
If you wish to buy an air conditioner, and since there’s a wide variety of air conditioners in the market, you need to know how to pick the right one. Here are some easy tips which can help you choose the right air conditioner.
- The first step in choosing the right air conditioner lies in determining how much should the capacity of your prospective air conditioner should be. It is estimated that room with an area of 120 sq.ft to 140 sq.ft will need a 1-ton air conditioner, whereas, a 150 sq.ft to 180 sq.ft room will demand a 1.5- ton air conditioner. If the area of the room is more than 180 sq.ft, then you will need an air conditioner with a capacity of 2-ton.
- Determine which type of air conditioner will suit your needs. Window air conditioners or split air conditioners, you can choose either of these. Window air conditioners are cheaper than the split air conditioners, but split air conditioners distribute air evenly.
- The new-age air conditioners are a step ahead of the previous air conditioner models. These days, air conditioners are designed in a manner that they save energy and help you keep your bills within the accepted range. So, when you decide to buy an air conditioner, check the star rated energy efficiency ratings, also known as EER. The more the stars, the more energy it saves.
- The whole purpose of buying an air conditioner is to ensure that you remain comfortable irrespective of the smoldering heat outside. This is possible only when the indoor air quality of the air conditioner is good. Check whether the air conditioner is equipped with a good filter that ensures the air is clean and it also improves its cooling capacity.
- The price is usually the determining factor whenever we set out to buy anything. So, compare the prices of the air conditioner of different brands, and check their features. Whichever air conditioner offers you the most at a reasonable price is the one you can opt for. The star ratings too have an impact on the price. The more stars the air conditioner has, the more it will cost, and vice versa.
- Air conditioners are supposed to make the room pleasantly cool, and if it takes a lot of time to cool, it fails the entire purpose of getting an air conditioner. The perfect air conditioner must have an adjustable thermostat, two cooling speeds, and at least two fans since people might feel the need to use variable speed throughout the day. So, choose an air conditioner which has these features.
- Irrespective of whether you choose a window or split air conditioner, it needs to be installed appropriately to fulfill its purpose. It is imperative to get the air conditioner installed from authorized personnel since the way the air conditioner functions depends on the way it is installed. So, ensure that you clear all your doubts regarding the installation and whether they charge you for the same once you purchase the air conditioner.
So, consider these tips and choose an air conditioner that best suits your needs!